When it comes to the children, their eyes and visual needs are different. Even the eye disorders that children have are different from that of adults. As children are still in the growth stage, they may not have developed mature eye-brain coordination so their vision disorders require special focus and attention. This is why Pediatric Ophthalmology has developed as a specialized discipline, and indeed a subspecialty in ophthalmology.
What is Pediatric Ophthalmology?
A pediatric ophthalmology is a subspecialty in ophthalmology which caters to children’s visual attention needs where pediatric ophthalmologist ensures the proper visual development in children in terms of both structure (including cosmetics) and function.
Why choosing a best child eye care clinic is important?
If you are a resident of Pune and want to consult an ophthalmologist for your child, then it is important that you choose the best child eye hospital in Pune as the considerations in terms of child eye care are entirely different from those in adults. It is the same as opting for the best physician for the upkeep of your child’s general health. The reasons are as follows:
- When the brain-eye connection is not fully ready, early childhood vision deprivation can lead to amblyopia or lazy eye if proper treatment is not provided. This, in turn, can cause limitations in your child’s visual potential. At a later stage, even the use of corrective glasses may not be helpful. It is critical to provide amblyopia therapy at an early stage.
- Congenital anomalies such as refractive errors (need only corrective glasses), squint, lid droop, and a block in the nasolacrimal duct, or even glaucoma and cataract, often show up early in life.
- Prematurely born babies that have low birth weight and those that have gone through a prolonged and tumultuous stay in the nursery for infants are at risk of a condition referred to as Retinopathy of Prematurity (RoP). It is potentially a vision-threatening condition and must be screened to assess the risk involved.
- Infants suffering from malnutrition may experience Vitamin A deficiency. This can lead to eye problems such as corneal ulcers, dry eye, and even cause blindness. Infants that are fussy and choosy about food may also suffer from micronutrients deficiency even though they look healthy and well fed.
- Viewing TV and playing video games for long periods of time can also cause eye problems in children.
Choosing the best hospital for eye care for children
At Aakash Eye Clinic and Laser Centre, you will find the best pediatric ophthalmologist in Pune who understand the significance of healthy eyes and good sight for the overall development of a child. They are not only exemplary in their professionalism and training, but also in their ability to make friends with your children quickly and, therefore, the children will always be looking forward to their next visit.
In the pediatric ophthalmology department at Aakash Eye Clinic and Laser Centre, the atmosphere is very relaxed and the staff members always take good care of your children. This ensures hassle-free eye check-ups for your precious little ones. This, of course, comes with the Aakash Eye Clinic’s promise of professional integrity, and state of the art technology, at affordable rates for all.
Pediatric ophthalmology services at Aakash Eye Clinic and Laser Center, Pune
Aakash Eye Clinic and Laser Centre provides specialized care and expertise for children with our pediatric ophthalmology wing to treat such complications of eyes. Our services include,
- Squint Surgeries
- Lazy eye (Amblyopia) Treatment
- Cataract Surgery
- Nystagmus Surgery
- Retino Care of Prematurity
- Colour Vision Tests
- Eye Exercises
With completely safe procedures, world-class technology and above all the care and expertise of our dedicated specialists, we provide your child with the best because we care for your little ones too.